Saturday, May 12, 2012

Some Saturday Comments

I notice a lot of people are viewing my "Going To Sleep" post.  I hope no one takes it too seriously.  It's just a post. 

Maybe I should start writing "How To" posts.  I've already written one about how to microwave soup.  And I wrote another one about what to do with cherries you buy at a farmers market.  That's about all I know.

If you examine all the steps involved in doing anything, you suddenly realize it's a lot of work.

I like to write limericks.  Sonnets too.  And Haiku.  I like the rigidity and structure of it, and I can't explain it because rigidity and structure is otherwise against my nature.  Havent written any in awhile.  They're a lot of work.

I also like words - what they mean & where they come from.  How they're used - especially colloquially and dialectically.  I made that word up.

I also like puns.  Right now I'm trying to figure out a good pun with "menopause".  I'm working on the idea of a small dog with "mini-paws", but I need to flesh it out.

I don't like quotes.  If you throw quotes at me, they will be deflected.

As Winston Churchill said, we have nothing to fear but fear itself.  (I know, I know, it was FDR, not Churchill.  I'm just wondering who, amongst those who are reading this, had a quick impulse to point out the mistake.  No need to comment, you know who you are).

I do not have a "Type A" personality.  I'm pretty far from a Type A type person.

William Rufus had a red beard supposedly.  The "Rufus" gives it away. 

I'm pretty sure if William Rufus and I had crossed paths in one of the royal forests, he would have killed me.

I didn't realize I had any problem with authority until I joined the Army.

I don't have a favorite television show.  Or a favorite book (not really), or a favorite song. 

It is hard to find unique stuff.

Why does every small town have one weird person who walks everywhere, crosses personal boundaries with impunity, gets into arguments with postal workers and is pretty much on the far side of crazy?

I doubt I'd make a good sociopath, because I'm pretty good at empathising with people.  So I can strike that off my list of possible career choices.  Just something else I'll never be.

I don't think I'd make a good psychopath either.  I'm not really sure what that is.

I don't like to shave.  But I don't like having a beard.  Man, it's tough.

Once in college I took a class in Latin, and I remember thinking that it was really different from what I was accustomed to.

A rock has more mechanical aptitude that I do.  Engines, machines and so on usually bore me and I don't care much about how they work.  My motto:  if it needs fixing, hire somebody.  The results will usually be much better. 

If I have to pull a string to start it, I don't want anything to do with it. 

And Smoky the Dog has finally stopped barking.

No comments:

Counter