Thursday, August 6, 2009

When all else fails, post a picture!


Since I couldn't think of anything to write, I thought I'd post this picture.  Years ago,  I did a lot of laundry in this laundromat.  It's in a strip mall just off Ritchie Highway in Glen Burnie, Maryland, a mile or so south of the DMV.  A delightfully beautiful place if you've never experience beauty and have low standards of delightfulness.

This is the laundromat which was the inspiration for "Hell's Laundromat", my universally acclaimed 4-line poem (at least in one very small alternate universe that existed mainly at the tip of one of my fingernails.  You had to get down to the molecular level to find it, but it was worth the effort).

3 comments:

Patti Anne said...

DMV always reminds me of DMZ - so, is your laundromat a mile from the BORDER? LOL.

Now, to be fair, you have to post "Hell's Laundromat".

You should post a poem a day for a week.

You write very well!

Diane said...

Neat picture to look at. Thanks for sharing.

A Valdese Blogger said...

Patti Anne. Maybe I'll post it. Not sure about a poem a day for a week tho.

Diane: Thanks for dropping by!

Counter