Monday, October 12, 2009

A Poem About Pickles the Dog, with apologies to Patti Anne, who thought of it.

Sung to the tune of Wayfarin' Stranger (the Emmylou Harris/Ricky Skaggs version).  Roughly.   And please forgive any inconsistencies - I don't spend a lot of time on this stuff.

Oh my name is Pickles Anne, I do not live in that trailer park,

If I did, I'd be Rover or Rambler, or maybe Spot, I'm glad I'm not.

Oh I love my view of the Mountains,  I love to chase that Snowchief Cat,

I love to sleep next to my window, and bark at squirrels and stuff like that.

Now the trailer park is tempting, with good things to sniff and smell,

With that road to run around in, and a nice doghouse to dwell.

But there aint no view of the mountains, and there aint no Snowchief Cat,

I like my name, I like my people, I think I'll stay right where I'm at.

1 comment:

Patti Anne said...

She likes the trailer park road, but don't think she'd like to live there. Thanks for the credits!

Counter