Saturday, June 19, 2010

Hot.

Well I guess 2010 is back to a normal summer.  This summer is as hot as the winter was cold.  Thing was, it's was an unusually cold & snowy winter in North Carolina.  The heat & humdity of this summer though, is not unusual.  It's normal.  And I have to tell you, it's hot.  And very, very humid. 

And I'm not one to complain.....ok, who am I kidding. 

The thing is, the heat of the day more often than not, results in afternoon thunderstorms.  These storms tend to dump a lot of water in a short period of time.  This, despite my best intentions, causes what passes for grass to grow, which means I have to mow it.

Apparently there are guys who love riding around on their riding mower, happily mowing away.  Well, I'm not one of them.  But we have a fair amount of land, so a riding mower it is.

And it's hot.

And in reality, it is still spring.  Sigh.

No comments:

Counter