Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sunday Thoughts - dog walks, dreams, twitter and cherries.

Supposedly it's only 79 degrees (at not quite noon), but Pickles and I are here to tell you that it was very warm on our walk this morning.  The air is thick, heavy, with very little if any breeze & both our tongues were hanging out by the time we were done.  Well, that's life in the eastern United States.

On our walk I noticed swarms of very tiny gnat like things flying around.  I avoided them.  Again, life in the eastern United States.

One thing I didn't avoid though was shady spots.  It makes a difference.

For two weeks in a row now, I've forgotten about Wednesday.

I'm wondering about dreams.  For the most part I know I dream, but I can't remember them.  Sometimes I remember flashes of them, and sometimes I remember what I think is the whole thing.  But it's quite rare that I have any recollection of the details of a dream - I just remember I had it.  What I can remember tho is that my dreams all seem to have a thread of tension in them.   I have to be somewhere I can't get to, or I'm lost, or I've not been doing something I've needed to get done, and on and on.  They seem odd to me, but I doubt they are anything special. 

I found I like twitter better than facebook.  I'm not sure why that is, but I'm much more likely to throw a weird blurb out to the ether on twitter than I am on facebook.  In fact I only check in on fb occasionally.

I'm thinking of starting a postcard blog, where I'd post pictures of postcards I like, which may or may not be for sale.  Maybe I'll include photos too.

Patti bought a bunch of sour cherries at the farmer's market Friday.  She wasn't sure what to do with them, so I suggested this.  Pour them in a bowl, add a cup of milk, a couple cups of sugar, some butter, an egg or two, a couple tablespoons of Hershey's Cocoa, a little bit of baking soda, mix it all up, add some flour until it's thick, maybe 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract, pour it into a 9 x 12 inch pan, cook at 325 degrees for 20-25 mins or so, then let it cool and cut into bars.  Spit out any stems and pits you may encounter while eating.   It appears she had other ideas tho.

No comments:

Counter