Friday, August 6, 2010

Check out my bad ride!

A few years ago I was riding down I-97 in Maryland just zooming past Millersville, when I was passed by someone driving a Ford Taurus station wagon.  And that got me thinking. 

Frequently there is a story behind how people end up with the vehicles they have. Many times it isnt as cut and dry as just going somewhere and buying one.  Lots of times for whatever reason, people just end up with whatever it is they're driving.  And I have to belive this person just ended up with a Ford Taurus station wagon.

No one as a child says that when they grow up they want to own a Ford Taurus station wagon.  That is no one's dream.  It is hard to believe that someone walked into a car lot, stood there with their hands on their hips, looked the car up and down and said, "Man, that is one fine automobile".  What would someone have to go through in their life that would get them to the point that a Ford Taurus station wagon would be their dream car?  I have a hard time believing that it is anybody's dream car.   I think it just happens.  I think it is the type of car that someone just ends up with.

We're in the process of buying a new car.  Not sure what it will end up being, but it will not be a Ford Taurus station wagon, or hopefully, it's equivalent.  That's what got me thinking about this.

4 comments:

livintheblues said...

I once had a Rambler when I was a kid..it was sort of like the equivalent of a Taurus wagon in the sixties...:)..it was all I could afford

A Valdese Blogger said...

livintheblues: A Rambler would be pretty cool now. A Ford Taurus Station wagon never will be.

Heather said...

Okay, you have just proved that I am truly weird. Haha.
When I was a teenager I had a list of dream cars. Yup, a station wagon with the fake wood panels was on it! Now-a-days a Nomad would be preferred!

My sister has a Ford Taurus Station Wagon, but only cause it fit in the budget and the family size. Which was better than the two sitter truck her hubby was drooling over. Haha.

A Valdese Blogger said...

Heather: I just drooled over a Mustang GT convertible, while technically not a 2 seater, is a car where anyone with legs cannot sit in the back seat. It goes way fast. I think budget plays a HUGE role in what most people end up driving.

Counter