Sunday, August 22, 2010

I decided to write a poem about Franz Kafka, my nemesis

I call it Kafka Oh Kafka and it's pretty stupid.  Here goes.

Kafka Oh Kafka

Kafka, oh Kafka
was it your design,
to throw in my face
the limits of my mind.

The Great Wall of China
and Metamorphosis,
and those stupid parables
where everything's amiss.

Everything in your world
is just a tad askew,
from airborne dogs to lost time
I tell you I am through!

Ah, but that's an idle threat.
Like a rat drawn to sewage
I'll chew on you again.
But Kafka, dear Kafka,
you'll never be my friend.

3 comments:

Patti Anne said...

Very, very original! I'm sure he'd be impressed.

A Valdese Blogger said...

Patti Anne: One thing I'm positive about is that he would not be impressed.

Heather said...

Interesting...

Counter