Saturday, February 5, 2011

Saturday Thoughts 2-5-2011

It was a cold damp and mystic dog walk this morning.  Lots of etherealness everywhere.  Tons of firmament.  Sharp noises cut through the air, I assumed made by the winged animals, though for the most part I did not see them.  I could hear occasional howling behind fences.  People passed us by in their mobile self contained artifical climate pods. We trudged on.

I've come to the realization that there are lots of things I'll never experience.

What is socially acceptable in the dog world, is quite frowned upon in human society.

For thousands of years, people have been buying things and reselling them at a profit.  How on earth did that come about?

Every person you've ever heard of, now and throughout history, is just a tiny tiny fraction of all the people who've ever existed.  The best most people can hope for is to have their name remembered by their great-grandchildren.

Sometimes I look out at our property and wonder what I could do to make it look more rednecky.

Once I witnessed a local deputy-sheriff in Ashland Kentucky being yelled by a secret-service agent.  That's not something you see every day.  I'd wager most people on this planet have never seen that.

5 comments:

Karen said...

What are some of the things you want to experience?

Bianca Castafiore? said...

ding, ding, ding! today's favorite sentence award goes to: Lots of etherealness everywhere.

thank you!

linlah said...

I've seen that yelling thing in the movies, does that count.

A Valdese Blogger said...

Karen: I dont really know. I doubt I'll ever see the Artic Ocean.

Bianca: Hey, I'll make up the occasional word. And redundantly repeat myself. & you're welcome.

linlah: Nope, movies don't count.

Heather said...

Rednecky..LOL!! My hubby knows how to do that without even trying too hard. LOL!

Counter