Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A beautiful morning

It was beautiful this morning when I walked the dog. The sun was shining, the sky was blue, the trees fill everything with bright yellows and reds. The mountains were wonderful to look at. Ah but the forecast is for rain, and rain it shall. Now it is overcast, gray, kind of a dingy day.

I'm glad I voted early, for I am ill. Scratchy throat, cough, head-ache, aches & pains. It didn't keep me from walking the dog, and it would not have kept me from voting, but I'm happy I've already done it. For the last couple of days I've run out of energy as the day progresses, so there's no telling.

I've noticed that there is a gray and white cat living under the deck. I've seen it around before and startled it a couple of times. (In return, it startled me) I'm not sure if it's feral, but it will not let anyone close to it. So I left it some food & water, which may be a mistake. It'll probably bring me some little critter it killed and leave it by the kitchen door in exchange. I could live without that.

3 comments:

TrishaRitchieNC said...

Hope you feel better! As far as the cat, it'll never go away if you feed it. I think it stalks the baby birds and rabbits back by the barn.

The Silver Age Sara said...

I'm so sorry to hear you're sick. Take care of yourself and get some rest.
You are very kind to feed the cat so you've probably made a friend for life.

A Valdese Blogger said...

Thank you both for the kind thoughts. I don't feel quite as death warmed overish today. The cat is a pretty gray & white & I guess we're going to name him/her Ulysses. Not sure why, it just popped into my head.

Counter