Sunday, December 28, 2008

Stuff Around The House #10: More Art


This is an interesting, and I suppose unfinished and unamed painting we bought in a thrift store in Hickory, North Carolina a couple of years ago. I think we paid $2 or $3.00 for it, and we tried for a long time to sell it in a shop for a bit more than what we paid. Apparently no one saw what I saw in it, cause it got very little interest. So now it has a happy home in our upstairs bathroom, close to another picture of a bunch of cows that I also found interesting.

I like original thrift store art. I like to stand and stare at it and wonder what whoever painted it was thinking.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Golly, that's scary. Not so sure I'd want to know what he/she was thinking!

TrishaRitchieNC said...

Yikers! That guy must be trippin'!

Wanna see your cow picture!

Martin MY said...

You'd get some interest on eBay I bet. Mind you, if you like it keep it!

None said...

Interesting! A take off on "The Scream", no doubt.

Ivanhoe said...

Just stopping by to wish you and yours a very happy, healthy & prosperous New Year :o)

Counter