Saturday, January 17, 2009

Maybe It'll Feel Like North Carolina on Monday.....

It's been too cold lately. Way too cold for this part of the country & not near as cold as other parts. But still 7 degrees Fahrenheit, (-14 Celsius) is cold with a capital K. And I cannot find my good winter jacket, which gives an indication of how often I need it.

The portion of my brain that governs posting in blogs does not seem to be functioning at it's normal capacity.

And to top it off, I've discovered it's possible I may be a CURR-mudjun. I don't know how it came to this, because I've never been one before. To my knowledge.

One thing I do have a severe mistrust of is people who write about the business of doing business. And motivational speakers. I can see them sitting around a hotel bar giving each other high fives & saying do you believe we actually make money doing this? These are the people who came up with capability maturity models and PMS9000. (I'm joking, I know it's ISO). Supposedly it was to make corporations more efficient, but I think someone got rich off of it. I know that by in my system engineering days, when beads of blood were streaming down my forehead as I was trying to figure out a fix for some nightmarishly complicated problem ON A SEVERE DEADLINE, I did not appreciate having to track artifacts. Or even trying to figure out what artifacts were. Or justifying every second of my day. These people did me no favors. I don't care where they put their damn cheese.

So anyway here I am. I much prefer to sit around, think about & expound up on my "dog behind the fence" theory of human social interaction. If I had enough initiative, perhaps I could figure out how to apply it to businesses and governments, start "training the trainers", and began collecting my royalties. Then I can join the bald headed freak at the hotel bar with high-fives saying "I can't believe I make money doing this". Sigh, I guess I'd have to write a book.

That would be a lot of work.

Anyway. It's very cold out, but it's supposed to get warmer soon, but not near warm enough. I wish I knew where my coat was. And I'm not a CURR-mudjun.

3 comments:

TrishaRitchieNC said...

Your coat was in the closet last spring. It got eaten by Snowchief or Pickles or a huge moth.

Main Entry: cur·mud·geon
Pronunciation: \(ˌ)kər-ˈmə-jən\
Function: noun
Etymology: origin unknown
Date: 1568
1: archaic : miser
2: a crusty, ill-tempered, and usually old man
Well, you're not old or crusty and not usually ill-tempered.

A Valdese Blogger said...

I'm glad I'm not crusty.

TrishaRitchieNC said...

We found the coat! And my pink one, too!

Counter