Tuesday, August 5, 2008

When you enter a city park bathroom, what should you do?



I took this picture a year or so ago - it was on the wall next to the door to a public restroom in a city Park in Hickory, North Carolina (20 miles east of Valdese). Given the context of its location, the message seems fairly deep and complicated - but I don't know the motivations of the author, or the meaning of the 3 dimensional square box. The box looks different depending on the way you look at the lines, does that have anything to do with the word "Think"? And should this be something to consider as you walk in to relieve yourself? Perhaps this message was left by a public servant, who may have more intelligence than us all, but does not have the ability to communicate it. Think. I Think Therefore I Am. An animal might say, I See Therefore I Am. You know, if an animal spoke English. Think. When you enter a public restroom in a city park in Hickory, NC, you should think.

3 comments:

Chat Blanc said...

is it a play on the phrase--think outside the box?

A Valdese Blogger said...

hmmmm could be. Remember that old game "Concentration?" That would have been a good puzzle.

A Valdese Blogger said...

Thinking outside the box! Of course, how could I have been so blind. Geez

Counter